BDS 6.5" Coilover Conversion Lift Kit for 2011-2019 Chevy/GMC 2500/3500 Pickup 2WD/4WD
- Important Kit Notes
- Vehicle Fitment Data
- Base Kit Components
- Manufacturer's Warranty Statement
BDS Suspension 6.5" Coilover Conversion Suspension System for 2011-2019 Chevy/GMC 2500/3500 HD Silverado/Sierra Trucks.
The new 6.5" coilover system is a game changer for HD performance. Building upon the tried and true BDS high clearance IFS system, this system allows HD owners the ability to eliminate the traditional torsion bar suspension in favor of FOX 2.5 factory series remote DSC coilovers.
At the heart of the system is a pair of FOX 2.5 Factory Series Coilover with remote DSC reservoir. These coilovers offer vastly superior dampening for impressive capability to soak up the harshest terrains offroad while offering comfort on your daily commute. These FOX coilovers feature a smooth bore and honed seamless alloy body, 7/8" hardened stainless steel shaft, FOX coil springs, black anodized machined 6061-T6 billet aluminum mounts and FOX's DSC (dual speed compression - see video below) adjustment technology. The DSC adjustment allows for easy adjustment of the vehicle's suspension compression dampening to dial in the ideal ride performance to soak up the bumps, both large and small. The DSC has 12 adjustment points for the high speed compression as well as 10 adjustment points for the low speed compression allowing you to make large or small changes to further improve your performance. Adjustments can be made by simply twisting the "blue" high speed and "gold" low speed compression knobs located on the end of the remote reservoir of the FOX 2.5 coilovers. No tools or shop adjustments needed, allowing you to tune the suspension out on the trail. The coilovers come fully assembled, preset for 6.5" of lift for optimal wheel travel. To mount the coilovers BDS supplies a bolt-on bracket that installs on the frame in the shock mount location. A weld-in support gusset is used to reinforce the upper mount, however still allows the kit to be completely reversible if the owner ever chooses to revert back to the torsion bar style suspension and upgrade the suspension on another truck.
In addition to replacing the factory torsion bars, the upper and lower control arms are upgraded to improved strength, travel, and accommodate the new coilovers. The uppers are new performance upper control arms designed specifically for this system to integrate with the 2.5 coilovers. The arms are fabricated from large 1.5" OD x .120-wall tubing, fully TIG welded for the highest quality, strength and durability. The arms utilize premium Moog brand ball joints and factory style rubber bushings for smooth, quiet operation and superior durability when compared to arms with uni-balls, poly bushings or heims. The ball joint cups are repositioned for optimal performance allowing a 30% improvement in wheel travel. The upper control arms are finished in a durable black powdercoat and include a billet aluminum ball joint dust cap. The control arms come fully assembled for easy install right out of the box. To compliment the uppers, the new lower control arms are built from high strength steel, fully boxed with internally gusseted. These lower arms integrate new reinforced lower coilover mounts and similar to the uppers use durometer specific rubber bushings at the frame mount and high quality Moog ball joints at the knuckle mount for quiet, low maintenance operation.
Along with the coilover conversion, this 6.5" system includes a pair of one-piece laser cut high clearance crossmembers, CNC machined ductile iron steering knuckles to correct tie rod angles, heavy duty front skid plate and differential skid plate to increase protection, multipoint differential relocation brackets to secure differential and correct CV axle angles, longer sway bar links and braided stainless steel extended brake lines. In the rear, BDS offer both a 3" and 5" rear block and u-bolt kit to lift and level the stance. The 5" rear block kit includes a u-bolt flip kit with new spring plate and the preferred round u-bolts for increased strength and ground clearance. To compliment the performance in the front this system includes precision tuned FOX 2.0 IFP gas shocks in the rear. This system allows for up to 37" tires to be installed.
FOX Coil-Over Dual Speed Compression (DSC) Adjuster Technology The Dual Speed Compression (DSC) adjuster provides added control and comfort tuning for on-road use while also offering more aggressive damping for use off-road. The adjuster allows for precise suspension tuning with the simple twist of two clearly defined knobs: No tools and no mess, just a way to easily fine-tune your suspension to best suit your needs in any conditions. The DSC increases both low and high-speed compression levels up to 25%, allowing you to maximize small bump compliance and traction while still having the extra damping required for big hits.
- LSC Adjustment Range - The Low Speed Compression (LSC) adjuster knob offers 10 clicks of adjustment and primarily affects compression damping during slow suspension movements such as G-outs or smooth jump landings. It also affects wheel traction and the harshness or plushness of the vehicle's ride.
- HSC Adjustment Range - The High Speed Compression (HSC) adjuster knob offers 12 clicks of adjustment and mainly affects compression damping during medium to fast suspension movements such as steep jump faces, harsh flat landings, and aggressive wash board roads.
Note: Components displayed in images may change based upon selections.
1. Torsion bar tool required to unload the torsion bars.
2. Requires frame bracket and differential modification.
3. Minor welding required for coil-over mount installation.
4. Stock 17" & 18" wheels cannot be reinstalled.
5. Stock 20" x 8.5" wheels with 6" backspacing or less will fit with a max tire size of 35 x 12.50.
6. Models with two piece rear driveshaft may require carrier bearing drop kit (#121612).
7. Coilovers are preset for DIESEL engine models. The use of the coilovers on GAS engine models is not recommended due to providing too much lift. Available preload adjustment is typically not enough to achieve desired ride height.
8. Will NOT fit dually applications.
Rear-Lift Height Options:
- 3" block - Will result in a slightly tail-low stance.
- 4" block - Most common for level front/rear stance.
- 5" block - Will result in a level to slightly tail high stance, integrates a u-bolt flip kit with new spring plate.
- 5" Block w/o Overload Spring: This selection is for a rear 5" block kit with 16" long u-bolts for vehicles that are not equipped from the factory with a top mounted overload spring.
- 5" Block w/ Overload Spring: This selection is for a rear 5" block kit with 18.5" long u-bolts for vehicles equipped from the factory with a top mounted overload spring.
- 4" Rear Block Kit: This option will work with trucks with a Top Mounted Overload and trucks without the Top Mounted Overload.
- 3" Block w/o Overload Spring: This selection is for a rear 3" block kit with 13.5" long u-bolts for vehicles that are not equipped from the factory with a top mounted overload spring.
- 3" Block w/ Overload Spring: This selection is for a rear 3" block kit with 15.5" long u-bolts for vehicles equipped from the factory with a top mounted overload spring.
Front (Base Kit:) 6.5 in Coilover Conversion
Rear (Base Kit:) 5 in Block Kit
Tire and Wheel Combinations
37" x 12.50" with 17 x 8 and 4-1/2" to 4-5/8" backspacing
37" x 12.50" with 18 x 9 and 4-1/2 to 4-5/8" backspacing
37" x 12.50" with 20 x 9 and 5" - 5.5" backspacing
*Trimming may be required*
|Chevy / GMC||1 Ton Pickup 2WD||2011-2019|
|Chevy / GMC||1 Ton Pickup 4WD||2011-2019|
|Chevy / GMC||3/4 Ton Pickup 2WD||2011-2019|
|Chevy / GMC||3/4 Ton Pickup 4WD||2011-2019|
Difficulty Level (1 easy – 5 complicated): 4
Estimated Installation Time (hours): 8-10
PDF (click here)
|(1)||021251||11-16 Chevy 2500HD LCA Kit - DRV|
|(1)||021252||11-16 Chevy 2500HD LCA Kit - PASS|
|(1)||021509||11 GM HD Rear 5in System|
|(1)||021650||11 GM HD 4.5-6.5in System (1of4)|
|(1)||021651||11 GM HD 4.5-6.5in System (2of4)|
|(1)||021652||11 GM HD 4.5-6.5in System (3of4)|
|(1)||021655||11-up Chevy HD 6.5 C/O Box Kit (4of4)|
|(1)||121250||11-up Chevy 2500HD UCA Kit|
|(1)||121650||11 GM HD Front Skid Plate|
|(1)||121653||11-up Chevy HD 6.5in C/O Mounting Kit|
|(1)||88406155||Kit: BDS 11-19 GM 2500/3500 HD Front Coi|
|(2)||98224769||Fox 2.0 Shock 31.02 x 18.95 x 2- EB1/EB1|
*Subject to change based upon selections
No Fine Print Warranty
BDS stands behind its products and that’s evident by their No Fine Print Warranty. This no-BS warranty protects the original purchaser against breakage, bending, sagging, or any other usage failure. This “no fine print” lifetime replacement warranty extends to cover all BDS hard parts as well as bushings. Exclusions would be product finish and wearable items such as shock/stabilizer cylinders, tie rod ends and ball joints that would fall under the separate Limited Lifetime Warranty policy. Beginning February 1, 2020 all new kit purchases include the No Fine Print Warranty on bushings.
Limited Lifetime Warranty (for wearable items)
Wearable items include shock/steering stabilizer cylinders, ball joints and tie rod ends. BDS Suspension Co. warrants to the original retail purchaser that its these wearable parts are free from defects in material and workmanship for so long as they own the vehicle. Excluded from this warranty are the finish of the product. Defects in material and workmanship do not include such things as dented cylinders or bent rods caused by obvious side impact, rust or corrosion. A shock absorber is a wear item and over time will experience diminished damping resistance due to normal component wear. This is not a defect in material or workmanship and is therefore not warrantable.