BDS 6" Coil Over Lift Kit for 2014-2018 Chevy/GMC 1500 Pickup 4WD
- Important Kit Notes
- Vehicle Fitment Data
- Base Kit Components
- Manufacturer's Warranty Statement
BDS Suspension 6" Coil-Over Suspension Lift Kit for 2014-18 Chevrolet/GMC 4WD 1500 Series Silverado/Serria 1/2 ton pickup.
Through a collaborative effort between BDS Suspension and Fox Racing, BDS now offers this 6" Chevy 1500 4WD suspension system featuring Fox 2.5" coil-over remote reservoir shocks. This system has been rigorously tested to maximize travel and performance on and off the pavement.
The unique BDS High Clearance design is a true blend of performance, appearance, and function.The suspension geometry of this 6" lift kit creates a factory style ride with a desert racing appearance. The black powdercoated high arched crossmembers blend perfectly with the angle of the factory installed lower control arms for a completely integrated look while lifting your vehicle a full 6" and increasing ground clearance at the front crossmember by 91%.
This comprehensive IFS lift kit includes ductile steering knuckles correcting steering geometry to O.E. angles and BDS by Fox 2.5" remote reservoir coil-over shocks for maximum performance and killer looks. For those seeking additional coil-over compression tunability, Fox's DSC (dual speed compression) adjuster coil-overs are available as an upgrade (more DSC info below). A heavy-duty front differential skid plate is included for off road protection.
Nothing complements this BDS Suspension better than the race proven design of Fox 2.5" remote reservoir coil-over front shocks. These have been specifically engineered to fit the BDS Suspension system and feature an external reservoir for increased oil cooling capacity and nitrogen volume for a more consistent and comfortable ride. These have also been pre-set by BDS to the correct ride height for an easy installation, but can also be fined tuned to your liking.
FOX Coil-Over Dual Speed Compression (DSC) Adjuster Technology The Dual Speed Compression (DSC) adjuster provides added control and comfort tuning for on-road use while also offering more aggressive damping for use off-road. The adjuster allows for precise suspension tuning with the simple twist of two clearly defined knobs: No tools and no mess, just a way to easily fine-tune your suspension to best suit your needs in any conditions. The DSC increases both low and high-speed compression levels up to 25%, allowing you to maximize small bump compliance and traction while still having the extra damping required for big hits.
- LSC Adjustment Range - The Low Speed Compression (LSC) adjuster knob offers 10 clicks of adjustment and primarily affects compression damping during slow suspension movements such as G-outs or smooth jump landings. It also affects wheel traction and the harshness or plushness of the vehicle's ride.
- HSC Adjustment Range - The High Speed Compression (HSC) adjuster knob offers 12 clicks of adjustment and mainly affects compression damping during medium to fast suspension movements such as steep jump faces, harsh flat landings, and aggressive wash board roads.
Choose between Fox 2.5 Remote Reservoir Coil-Overs or 2.5 Remote Reservoir Coil-Overs with DSC (Dual Speed Compression) adjuster
Note: Components displayed in images may change based upon selections.
*IMPORTANT*: GM produced several knuckle/control arm configurations in 2014-2018 model trucks. Cast Steel control arm equipped models will require the "Cast Steel Control Arm" kit. Stamped Steel and Aluminum control arm equipped models will require the "Aluminum Control Arm" kit. Be sure to verify which factory control arms your truck has before ordering. View our help page here for assistance in determining your factory control arm type.
1. Strut compressor required
2. Requires frame bracket modification
3. Requires differential modification to clear electric power steering
4. Vehicles came from the factory with several knuckle/control arm configurations requiring specific kit selections. Be sure to reference the important notes and images above to determine the correct control arm selection for your application.
5. Will not fit MagneRide magnetic ride control equipped models
6. Factory 17" and 18" wheels cannot be reinstalled due to tie rod end interference
7. If choosing the 5" rear block option, add-a-leaf # 111209 is recommended for a more level/tail high stance on crew cab models.
8. All wheel drive models require drive line modification.
9. IMPORTANT! When selecting BDS Upper Control Arms, they will only work on vehicles equipped with OE CAST STEEL CONTROL ARMS.
Front (Base Kit): 6 in High Clearance IFS System
Rear (Base Kit): 5 in Block Kit
Tire and Wheel Combinations
33" x 12.50" with 17 x 8 and 4.5" backspacing
34" x 12.50" with 18 x 9 and 5" backspacing
35" x 12.50" with 20 x 9 and 5.75" backspacing
*Trimming must be required*
|Chevy / GMC||1/2 Ton Pickup 4WD||Silverado / Sierra||6"||2014-2018|
Difficulty Level (1 easy – 5 complicated): 4
Estimated Installation Time (hours): 8
PDF (click here)
|(1)||011505||2014 Chevy 1500 5" Rear Block Kit|
|(1)||021660||14-18 GM 1500 - 15-19 GM SUV Knuckle Box|
|(1)||021662||14-18 GM 1500 - 15-19 GM SUV 1500 6" Frt|
|(1)||021663||14-18 GM 1500 15-19 GM SUV 6" Frt Box Ki|
|(1)||88302059||Kit: BDS 07-18 GM 1500 Front Coilover, 2|
|(2)||98224759||Fox 2.0 Shox 29.8 x 12.6 x 2 -EB1-EB1|
*Subject to change based upon selections
No Fine Print Warranty
BDS stands behind its products and that’s evident by their No Fine Print Warranty. This no-BS warranty protects the original purchaser against breakage, bending, sagging, or any other usage failure. This “no fine print” lifetime replacement warranty extends to cover all BDS hard parts as well as bushings. Exclusions would be product finish and wearable items such as shock/stabilizer cylinders, tie rod ends and ball joints that would fall under the separate Limited Lifetime Warranty policy. Beginning February 1, 2020 all new kit purchases include the No Fine Print Warranty on bushings.
Limited Lifetime Warranty (for wearable items)
Wearable items include shock/steering stabilizer cylinders, ball joints and tie rod ends. BDS Suspension Co. warrants to the original retail purchaser that its these wearable parts are free from defects in material and workmanship for so long as they own the vehicle. Excluded from this warranty are the finish of the product. Defects in material and workmanship do not include such things as dented cylinders or bent rods caused by obvious side impact, rust or corrosion. A shock absorber is a wear item and over time will experience diminished damping resistance due to normal component wear. This is not a defect in material or workmanship and is therefore not warrantable.