BDS 4" Lift Kit for 1982-1991 Ford Bronco II 4WD
- Important Kit Notes
- Vehicle Fitment Data
- Base Kit Components
- Manufacturer's Warranty Statement
BDS Suspension 4" Lift kit for 1982-1991 Ford Bronco II 4WD.
This system includes two front Pro-Ride Coil Springs, pitman arm for steering correction, radius arm drop brackets, heavy duty axle pivot drop brackets, bump stop extensions, anti-sway bar drop brackets, and brake line relocation brackets.
The rear is lifted with a 2" block and add-a-leaf system.
Note: Components displayed in images may change based upon selections.
1. Ball joint alignment cam will be required for alignment, these are available in the options section or from your local alignment shop.
2. Extra cad models may not achieve stated height.
3. Models equipped with a 2-piece driveshaft will require the carrier bearing crossmember to be lowered.
4. Bronco II 1985-90 models with CV joint type drive shaft must be converted to an exposed joint shaft.
5. Vehicles equipped with factory STX package will not achieve stated height
6. The dual stabilizer listed in the accessories will not fit vehicles equipped with a front factory sway bar.
Front (Base Kit): 4 in Coil Springs
Rear (Base Kit): 3.5 in Block & Add-a-Leaf
Tire and Wheel Combinations
31" x 10.50" with 16 x 8 and 3-1/2" backspacing
*Trimming may be required*
|Ford||Bronco II 4WD||1982-1991|
Difficulty Level (1 easy – 5 complicated): 3
Estimated Installation Time (hours): 6
PDF (click here)
|(1)||013400||83-97 Ranger/82-91 Bronco Ii 4" Lift|
|(1)||033402||Ford Ranger/bronco Ii 4" Coils -pair|
|(2)||85650||NX² Shock Absorber|
|(2)||85800||NX² Shock Absorber|
*Subject to change based upon selections
No Fine Print Warranty
BDS stands behind its products and that’s evident by their No Fine Print Warranty. This no-BS warranty protects the original purchaser against breakage, bending, sagging, or any other usage failure. This “no fine print” lifetime replacement warranty extends to cover all BDS hard parts as well as bushings. Exclusions would be product finish and wearable items such as shock/stabilizer cylinders, tie rod ends and ball joints that would fall under the separate Limited Lifetime Warranty policy. Beginning February 1, 2020 all new kit purchases include the No Fine Print Warranty on bushings.
Limited Lifetime Warranty (for wearable items)
Wearable items include shock/steering stabilizer cylinders, ball joints and tie rod ends. BDS Suspension Co. warrants to the original retail purchaser that its these wearable parts are free from defects in material and workmanship for so long as they own the vehicle. Excluded from this warranty are the finish of the product. Defects in material and workmanship do not include such things as dented cylinders or bent rods caused by obvious side impact, rust or corrosion. A shock absorber is a wear item and over time will experience diminished damping resistance due to normal component wear. This is not a defect in material or workmanship and is therefore not warrantable.