Tire Protection Plan
Important Terms, Coverage & Replacement Cost Calculator
IMPORTANT: This guide is intended to provide you with important details regarding our Tire Protection Plan (TPP). This guide is not intended to be comprehensive or definitive. For complete, official and up-to-date terms and conditions, always refer to the TPP Registration Certificate and Limited Warranty Information provided at the time of purchase.
Contents of this Guide
Click a topic from the list below to skip ahead to a particular section.
- Important Terms
- Tire Replacement Coverage
- Replacement Tire Cost Calculator
Trident Motorsports is proud to partner with Activate to offer comprehensive Tire Coverage & Roadside Assistance.
Need Service Outside Of The Austin Area?
Call the Warranty Administrator for assistance in finding a location capable of servicing your vehicle in your area.
Mon - Fri 8 AM - 8 PM EST
Sat 9 AM - 6 PM EST
Need 24 Hour Roadside Assistance?
Call Activate's 24 hour toll free hotline to have a service representative dispatched.
Service available within 12 months of date of purchase.
See program exclusions and limitations.
Why purchase our Tire Protection Plan? Whether you're driving locally or cross-county, this warranty program offers the peace of mind you need. Not only does this program offer road hazard assistance when and where you need it, this program can also help cover the cost of replacement tires. Off-road tires and luxury/performace tires cost hundreds of dollars each. Don't risk getting stuck with a bill for hundreds or even thousands of dollars for replacement tires. Purchase our Tire Protection Plan when placing your order for new tires!
- Warranty tire repair/replacement service at over 50,000 in-network shops nationwide
- Free tire replacement and reimbursement for roadside assistance for 12 months/12,000 miles
- Road Hazard and Treadwear Warranty for 48 months (or 2/32" treadwear remaining)
- Free tire rotation, inspections, air pressure checks (free of charge at authorized locations only)
- Free flat repairs
- Within 12 months or 12,000 miles from the date of purchase, the cost of the repair/replacement tire is covered 100%. Note that charges for mounting & balancing and other fees (e.g. TPMS transfer, tire disposal) are still the responsibility of the customer.
- The TPP coverage term is 48 months from the date of purchase. After this period, the customer is responsible for 100% of tire repair/replacement cost.
- If you are in need of a tire warranty repair/replacement and are within 15 miles of the location in which your purcahsed the TPP, you must return to this location. If you are more than 15 miles away, contact the TPP warranty administrator at 888-925-5710 to be directed to the nearest participting facility.
- If your tire is damaged due to a road hazard and can be safely repaired, the tire will be repaired by a participtaing facility free of charge. If repaired by an out-of-network facility, TPP will cover the cost of repairs up to the amount stated in your warranty document.
- If the tire can't be safely repaired, it will be replaced in accoradnace with the coverage terms below.
- Reimbursement for roadside assistance is offered for the first 12 months from the date of purchase. This includes tire changing assistance, towing, jump starts, fluid delivery and lock-out service. Reimbursement is limited to a maximum of $75 and up to 2 occurences per year. Call 888-925-5710 for 24 hour roadside assistance dispatch.
- Important exclusions, limitations, and additional terms & conditions apply. See your TPP Limited Warranty Information for details.
- A Tire Protection Plan Registration Certificate, including an up-to-date tire maintenance/rotation log, must be presented to the servicing facility to obtain tire repair/replacement services.
Tire Replacement Coverage
- After the first 12 months/12,000 miles and prior to the end of the 48 month term, the cost of the replacement tire will be prorated based upon the remaining usable life of the original tire.
- TPP will pay for the replacement tire, minus the cost attributed to the consumed usable treadwear of the orignial tire. This amount is calcualted on a pro-rated basis against the price of the original tire.
- "Usable" tread is tread above 2/32". When tread is worn to 2/32" or below, the tire is considered worn and no longer covered by TPP.
- TPP Coverage Formula:
Amount Covered By TPP =
[Original Tire Price] * ([Current Tread Depth] / [Original Tread Depth])
Original Tread Depth should be obtianed from the tire manufacturer's specifcations. This number is reported as "X" / 32nds of an inch.
Current Tread Depth is determined by measuring the lowest portion of tread depth of the tire. This number is reported as "X" / 32nds of an inch.
Note that Usable Tread Depth is any amount above 2/32". Thus, 2/32" should be subtracted from the Original Tread Depth and Current Tread Depth before completing any calcuations for pro-rated tire cost.